Assistant Professor and Senior Associate Consultant (April 2017-present)
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic
• Post-doc (Jan-Dec 2016), Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA), Broad Institute (Cambridge, MA) (advisor: Ramnik Xavier, MD)
• Post-doc (2012-2015), Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (Pohang, South Korea), POSTECH (Pohang, South Korea) (advisor: Pan-Jun Kim, PhD)
• Ph.D. (2008-2012) in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) (advisor: Nathan Price, PhD)
M.S. (2006-2008) in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) (advisor: Michael Strano, PhD)
• B.S. (2002-2005) in Chemical Engineering, Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA)
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (starting in Oct. 2017)
PhD in Bioinformatics, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, India (2017)
• Research Interests: Human Microbiome, Metagenomics, Bioinformatics
• Vinod's doctoral research focused on delineating niche-specific divergences in taxonomic composition and in functional capabilities of microbiome components across different human body habitats.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (starting in Nov. 2017)
PhD in Zoology, Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Pune, India (2017)
• Research Interests: Gut Microbiome, Microbial Ecology
• Shrikant's doctoral research focused on characterizing diversity and dysbiosis in the gut microbial communities of diabetic patients.