Assistant Professor and Senior Associate Consultant (April 2017-present)
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic
• Post-doc (Jan-Dec 2016), Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA), Broad Institute (Cambridge, MA) (advisor: Ramnik Xavier, MD)
• Post-doc (2012-2015), Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (Pohang, South Korea), POSTECH (Pohang, South Korea) (advisor: Pan-Jun Kim, PhD)
• Ph.D. (2007-2012) in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) (advisor: Nathan Price, PhD)
M.S. (2006-2007) in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) (advisor: Michael Strano, PhD)
• B.S. (2002-2005) in Chemical Engineering, Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA)
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Oct. 2017-present)
PhD in Bioinformatics, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, India (2017)
• Research Interests: Human Microbiome, Metagenomics, Bioinformatics
• Vinod's doctoral research focused on delineating taxonomic and functional divergences of microbiome components across different human body-site niches.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Dec. 2017-present)
PhD in Zoology, Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Pune, India (2017)
• Research Interests: Gut Microbiome, Microbial Ecology
• Shrikant's doctoral research focused on characterizing diversity and dysbiosis in the gut microbial communities of diabetic patients.
Undergraduate Researcher (Dec. 2017-present)
(current) Computer Science student, Normandale Community College
BA in Economics and Financial Management, University of Minnesota-Morris (2015)
• Research Interests: Big Data Analytics, Predictive Modeling, Regression Diagnosis Analysis
• Kevin's research background is in statistics and regression analysis applied to financial investments and macroeconomic growth. His focus in the lab will be in omics data analysis and biomarker discovery for early disease detection.