Assistant Professor and Senior Associate Consultant (April 2017-present)
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic
• Post-doc (Jan-Dec 2016), Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA), Broad Institute (Cambridge, MA) (advisor: Ramnik Xavier, MD)
• Post-doc (2012-2015), Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (Pohang, South Korea), POSTECH (Pohang, South Korea) (advisor: Pan-Jun Kim, PhD)
• Ph.D. (2007-2012) in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) (advisor: Nathan Price, PhD)
M.S. (2006-2007) in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) (advisor: Michael Strano, PhD)
• B.S. (2002-2005) in Chemical Engineering, Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA)
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Oct. 2017-present)
PhD in Bioinformatics, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, India (2017)
• Research Interests: Human Microbiome, Metagenomics, Bioinformatics
• Vinod's doctoral research focused on delineating taxonomic and functional divergences of microbiome components across different human body-site niches.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Dec. 2017-present)
PhD in Zoology, Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Pune, India (2017)
• Research Interests: Gut Microbiome, Microbial Ecology
• Shrikant's doctoral research focused on characterizing diversity and dysbiosis in the gut microbial communities of healthy & diabetic Indian populations.
Undergraduate Researcher (Dec. 2017-present)
(current) Computer Science student, Normandale Community College
(as of Fall '18) Computer Science student, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
BA in Economics and Financial Management, University of Minnesota-Morris (2015)
• Research Interests: Machine-Learning, Regression Analysis, Predictive Modeling
• Kevin's research background is in statistics and regression analysis applied to financial investments and macroeconomic growth. His focus in the lab will be in applying machine-learning methods for 'omics data analysis and biomarker discovery.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (starting in April 2018)
PhD in Biological Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea (2017)
• Research Interests: Gut Microbiome, Metabolic Modeling, Multi-omics Data Integration
• Minsuk's doctoral research focused on the computational analysis and design of stationary phase metabolism for microbial production of antibiotics and oleochemicals.