Assistant Professor and Senior Associate Consultant (April 2017-present)
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic
• Post-doc (Jan-Dec 2016), Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA), Broad Institute (Cambridge, MA) (advisor: Ramnik Xavier, MD)
• Post-doc (2012-2015), Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics (Pohang, South Korea), POSTECH (Pohang, South Korea) (advisor: Pan-Jun Kim, PhD)
• Ph.D. (2007-2012) in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) (advisor: Nathan Price, PhD)
M.S. (2006-2007) in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL) (advisor: Michael Strano, PhD)
• B.S. (2002-2005) in Chemical Engineering, Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA)
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Oct. 2017-present)
PhD in Bioinformatics, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, India (2017)
• Research Interests: Human Microbiome, Metagenomics, Bioinformatics
• Vinod's doctoral research focused on delineating taxonomic and functional divergences of microbiome components across different human body-site niches.
Undergraduate Student (Dec. 2017-present)
(current) BS candidate in Computer Science, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
BA in Economics and Financial Management, University of Minnesota-Morris (2015)
• Research Interests: Machine-Learning, Regression Analysis, Predictive Modeling
• Kevin's research background is in statistics and regression analysis applied to financial investments and macroeconomic growth. His focus in the lab will be in applying machine-learning methods for 'omics data analysis and biomarker discovery.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (April 2018-present)
PhD in Biological Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea (2017)
• Research Interests: Gut Microbiome, Metabolic Modeling, Multi-omics Data Integration
• Minsuk's doctoral research focused on the computational analysis and design of stationary phase metabolism for microbial production of antibiotics and oleochemicals.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (starting in August 2018)
PhD in Bioinformatics, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, India (2018)
• Research Interests: Human Microbiome, Microbial Evolution, Bioinformatics
• Utpal's doctoral research focused on understanding the complex relationships of the symbiotic and pathogenic species of Enterococci in human gut microbiota through comparative genomics and bioinformatics analyses.
Visiting Graduate Student (starting in Sept. 2018)
(current) PhD candidate in Physics, Rovira i Virgili University, Spain
• Research Interests: Network Science, Complex Systems, Statistical Inference
• Sergio's doctoral research focuses on inference and prediction in complex systems. Specifically, he develops robust classification algorithms for distinguishing types of connections (between individual components in those systems) based on their statistical properties.